Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day to You



As a kid, I remember these candies.....the taste wasn't all that great, but it was fun getting them and seeing what message would turn up next.  I remember the fun of preparing the Valentine cards to give to friends and that special someone....you know who I mean....the person you had that crush on!

Being a very shy person when I was younger, I just wanted to play it cool.  Gosh, just reflecting on how many secret crushes I had on the cute boys in my classes....how fun!  By cute, I don't mean that they were the stud muffins, or beef cake type or the most popular boy ....oh no....I fell in love with silly things like the way their hair was combed, their smile, the way they flirted with me and the twinkle in their eyes...but most importantly, how I felt being with them.  I loved the playful outgoing type....not the shy ones.

I remember my first kiss.  His name was Bruce....he was such a clown and was popular not because he was a looker....no, he was chubby and dark skinned, but he had a heart of gold.  He was the oldest son in the family and had much younger brothers that he took care of.  He was the man of the house whenever his father was off working as a fireman.  As I look back, after that kiss our lives went in such different directions.  We bumped into one another on occasion.  He was 2 years older than me.  Unfortunately he died at a young age, but every once in a while I remember that moment we had that was so special to me and the twinkle in his eyes that I loved.

To me, Valentines Day is not about how much money you spend or the lavish gifts you give.  It is about making your loved one feel special and oh so loved.  It is about the way you caress them with your eyes and hold their hands or open the car door for them or cook a special meal for them.  That is so sexy!  It is about how you make that person feel as though they are the most important person in your life. But here is the most important rule to remember.....when you love someone, Valentines Day happens every day!

So go forth in love and have a very wonderful life!



















No comments:

Post a Comment