Friday, February 10, 2012

Starting Life Over Again

Hello Everyone.....

I'm done with caring for elderly parents, raising kids and grandkids and now at age 63 I've decided to take back my life and my new mission is to just have fun.  In this day and age with most of the world in an economic downturn, how is that even possible or conceivable?

Well, I started by going back to college on a Pell Grant two years ago.  Qualifying was easier than I thought it would be.  Just simply pick the college, go to their website and fill out an application for financial aid called FAFSA.  Follow the directions and you will be notified if you qualify or not.  Don't fall for all those nuisance ads on the internet.  Just go directly to the college of your choice!  The Pell Grant gives you a small living allowance and pays for your tuition.  Because of the timing you may have to front the cost of books, but this type of financial aid is not a loan and therefore doesn't need to be paid back.

A whole new world opened up for me once I went back to school.  I studied Asian, Medieval and Renaissance Art History, Philosophy, Gender Sociology, Psychology, World Music, Health, and Comparative Religion.  I got to interface with kids just out of high school and kids in their 20's.  I found that most rewarding. 

I want to share the fun with these blog postings and keep my focus and philosophy on Bottom Line Fun for the rest of my life.  I welcome all of you on the internet to share your fun ideas, jokes, places to visit, and good movies or television favorites.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment