Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Ever After"

Last night I re-watched the movie "Ever After" starring Drew Barrymore.  This movie is based on the fairytale Cinderella which has always been my favorite.  Although there have been many versions of this story, my 2 favorites are the original Disney cartoon and "Ever After."

So many thoughts ran through my mind about why I enjoy this particular fairy tale so much.  This morning I am struck by the realization that at my age I am still looking for the fairy tale ending....where Cinderella marries her prince and lives happily ever after.

I know that this may sound silly....but basically it is about never losing the ability to dream about something better.  We have always been told to set goals and we will achieve them.  Now this method seems so cut and dry.  Been there done that.

Wouldn't it be better to dream in....what do the movies call it.....Cinematic, Technicolor, 3D, IMAX.....you name it....go do it.  Dream about something that will make you completely happy and believe that it will come true. 

Some people say to tell everyone about your goals.....well there are some dreams that we all keep to ourselves and we all know which dream that is.  Although our physical bodies get older....our dreaming minds keep us very young at heart.  It puts a smile on our face even during the dark periods.

Clinging to the belief that our dream will come true and that we can overcome whatever the roadblock may be in life will keep us from losing faith.  Don't be daunted by time.  The longer it takes....the sweeter it will be.

Whatever that dream is.....get up every morning and picture it in your mind.  See the vibrant colors.....feel the feelings......smell the smells.  By doing this diligently.....it is finding its way to you and I know it is finding its way to me too.

What a wonderful way to start the day.....this is so much better than the alternative.....UGH. 

May all your dreams and desires come true and may you be blessed and loved on your journey!







No comments:

Post a Comment