Friday, June 28, 2013

YIKES....It's a Scorcher!

There's no doubt that summer has arrived here in Las Vegas!  We are experiencing temperatures over 100 degrees.  Today's high was 114 degrees according to the weather forecasts.

Imagine getting off work and going into your car and driving home.  First I have to put on gloves just so that I can touch the steering wheel.

Normally, I don't like turning on the A/C in my car because I love driving with the windows down, my hair blowing in the wind and my favorite radio station playing those oldies but goodies music.  I love singing at the top of my lungs to the music!  I pity the people in the other cars that have to hear me singing....but oh well....it is so much fun singing along to my favorite songs.

Well, not even 5 minutes in the car....now picture this, I have my gloves on, the windows down, the A/C off......believe it or not, my ankles were on fire!!!  They were burning up from the heat!  Now how can my ankles be burning up?  How is that possible?

I had to give in and turn on the air conditioning in my car.  I drove past some people that still had their windows down....those brave souls.

Well....it is time to hunker down and stay indoors this weekend because the temps are supposed to go even higher.  I'm told that the record for this part of Las Vegas is 117 degrees.  We are expecting these temps over the weekend.

One year I forgot and left a small plastic bottle of hand sanitizer in my car and that darned thing melted!  Or, how about when you burn your fingers from your car keys when you remove it from the ignition?  Don't even mention the metal part of your seat belt.  These are all hazardous items in scorchers!

Everyone plans to go out early tomorrow and get their business done and then come home to their A/C cooled home.  My co-workers talked about their power bill being over $300 a month.  Now having your A/C go out can be life threatening to some who live here.  Those companies that service air conditioners are just raking in the cool cash!  Did I just say "cool"? 

This is certainly the time to wear the skimpiest clothes or better yet.....just go "au naturale."




Oops.....my bad....sorry for using this poster....Barenaked Ladies Alanis!  It just seemed so appropriate!  No plagiarism intended!  All in fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment