Monday, May 21, 2012

A 3D Experience

Last week I watched a new movie called....Avengers....what an experience.  Not only was it in 3D...but it was also at the IMAX Theater.  Not only did I have things in my face so to speak but I also could feel the vibrations in my body. 

What a difference from my first experience when I was about 7 or 8 years old and we went to the Princess Theater in downtown Honolulu.  That theater is long gone.  That was when 3D just came out and the movie screen was blurry....they gave us these cardboard glasses with cellophane paper for the lens.  It was really "hokie."  I was not impressed.

This new movie however was really impressive.  It was like you are a part of the movie itself.  I hemmed and hawed about going because I wasn't impressed with my experience the first time.

What is really telling is the credits at the end of the movie.  It literally takes a lot of people to put together a movie such as this.  I swear the credits were about 10 minutes or more in length all by itself.  Needless to say, the cost for all that technical talent must be tremendous!

Who'd thunk it?  Thanks to people like Steven Spielberg and George Lucas who started us on this journey of computer graphics with E.T. and of course...Star Wars.

In Bollywood....Shahrukh Khan brought technology to India with his new film Ra.One.

It's a whole new world!  So many possibilities!




No comments:

Post a Comment