Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm Unfinished!


Every once in a while, I get what I call a message from God.  He communicates with me through my favorite medium.....movies and television.  It happens when I least expect it.  It happens when unknowingly I am mulling something over in my mind that's "cooking on the back burner," so to speak.

The message I got came from the television show called Private Practice.  The scene is a talk that goes on between the characters Violet and Sam.  Violet is reflecting back on her life and she says to Sam...."This is it.  This is who I am.  This is all I get.  Is it enough?  Is it anything?"

Sam thinks for a moment and he is speechless and says that all he can offer her is a hug.  Before they can hug, he tells her....that what he is about to say is not a random thought or a cliche and asks if she wants to hear it.  He says....."You're unfinished....you are a work in progress.  We don't know what tomorrow brings, it could be anything.  The book that is your life is a work in progress.  You won't know the point of the book until it is written."

Hallelujah!.....thank you God.  This is what I needed to hear!  When you realize that there are more years behind you than there are in front of you.....trust me....you think these kinds of thoughts.  But hearing this is like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

We think these thoughts about the kind of legacy we will leave our children and grandchildren.  We take stock of our lives and wish we had done more.....but I forgot....the book that is my life is a work in progress!  Who knows what great thing I will create tomorrow or the next day.  Rather than looking behind....I want to look ahead.  I won't know the point of my life until I am with God having a flavored iced tea...wow that just came to me.

There is a song that goes....We've only just begun...to live.

I don't want to focus on what I haven't done....but rather I want to die thinking....what's around the corner?  What great thing is going to happen to me tomorrow....no that is such a victim statement.....rewind....What great thing will I create tomorrow!  Ah....that's better!

Thank you God for this wonderful message!

No comments:

Post a Comment