Saturday, January 12, 2013

We Are Freezing Our Buns Off!

For the past couple of days, we have literally been on freeze alert.  The water in the fountain outside my office had to be turned off because the water froze while drizzling down. 

The thing I hate most though is that it gets so cold, you have to contend with dry, flaky skin....rough hands.....extra static in your clothes and last but not least.....you have to wear so much clothes to keep the cold out.

Oh....oh....oh....of course I can't forget that you have to put so much lotion on just so that you won't be itchy in all the wrong places....okay....get your mind out of the gutter.....it's hard to scratch your back is what I meant. 

While I'm sure that some love the cold weather because it means skiing or playing in the snow or building a snowman....but c'mon....the novelty of that goes out the window after you've tried it once....well at least it did for me.

I promised myself that I would stay home over the weekend so that I could rest and relax after the harrowing week I had at work, but I went out and braved the cold in order to listen to a friend who needed to "vent" her anger about her family.  I gave her a hug and she felt better after baring her soul to me.  That's what friends are for.....I know that she came to my rescue whenever I've needed it!

What was great was that after we had brunch at her favorite Pho place, I went out and did a few errands that I have been putting off because I've been so busy.  There is satisfaction in completing a task that has been gnawing at me for weeks now. 

After a few hours of running around, I finally got home and had lunch at 4:00 p.m.  I did some reading and then watched the next 2 episodes of a Korean drama that I've been following.  That was my comfort for the day, feeling snug as a bug in a rug....and watching Korean dramas. 

I've already made my list of things to do tomorrow.  That way I feel as though I've accomplished something and not twittered the day away.  That makes me happy. 

What's on my list for tomorrow?  Making won tons.....it is comfort food that goes great with cold weather.....Won Ton soup with hot mustard.....bring it on!




No comments:

Post a Comment