Thursday, November 22, 2012

Black Friday?

For the past 2 weeks,, all I've been hearing on the internet are ads about Black Friday.....you know, the day after Thanksgiving.  That's when all hell breaks loose and stores are giving these stupendous deals on merchandise.  People are standing in lines awaiting stores to open.  I avoid this kind of craziness like the plague!  This is the kickoff for the Christmas gift giving time.

Well, today being Wednesday, I want to tell you that I really scored HUGE!  I'm gonna call it Black Wednesday!  Here's what happened.....I get a call from a friend this morning.  She is in town visiting from Hawaii.

She invited me to dinner at Steve Wynn's signature hotel.....the Wynn.  I met her at the crap table as instructed.  At first I couldn't see her.  Then I heard her voice.  Well there she is with a flower on her hat, sitting at the table.  She asked if I would like to have Chinese, Japanese or a Buffet dinner....well if you've read my latest posts, you might say Buffet...right?

#@!#@! Wrong!  After a couple of lucky passes by 2 men at the table, she was able to retire a marker and we were off to?????.....a Japanese dinner at Mizumi.  Check it out!

 

 
 
This is the view we had at dinner.  The waterfall in the background was gorgeous!  I was one little country bumpkin....it started with the bathroom....I didn't know how to turn on the water to wash my hands.....My friend had to show me.  Then we go to our table and the waiters pull out our chairs for us to sit.  Once we are seated, they unfold our napkins and place them in our laps!  WOW....it's been a while since I've felt soooo pampered!
 
 
We ordered Miso soup, Edamame, Unagi (eel) sushi, Butterfish, Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura and to top it off we had Sorbet....I had pineapple and pomegranate...it was topped with mint leaves, blueberries and boysenberries.  It was scrumptious....and so delicious.  The presentation of the food was just amazing!
 
 
By now you must be wondering why I call it Black Wednesday???? Well, between the 2 of us....we managed to rack up a tab of about $300.  The best part about it.....the hotel picked up the tab.  My friend paid the tip and treated me for my birthday. 
 
After the meal we went up to her suite so she could give me some macadamia coconut chocolates and the makeup I ordered from her.  She had a double suite - it had 2 bathrooms!  One had a shower...the other had a bathtub....so luxurious!
 
 
I had fun playing with the remote that controlled the air, the doors, the drapes and a multitude of other things.  I even walked away with spa slippers that the hotel provides to their guests.
 
 
What a wonderful evening....I hugged my friend and then headed home.  So what makes this like a Black Friday...only it happened on a Wednesday?
 
 
Well, funny you should ask.....
 
          The deal - FREE dinner!
          Standing in line to wait to get in - well on the way home I was caught up in a random DUI inspection for the holiday.....I know it's a bit of a stretch.......but oh well....just indulge me!
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!  May your day be filled with family, friends and great food!
 
Oh, BTW....I get to spend the rest of the weekend eating!  My date book is full!  How fun is that?
 
 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment