Friday, November 16, 2012

Experienced Buffet Eaters

Have you ever tried an all you can eat buffet?  Well, usually I like to start off with a salad.  That way I'm sure to get my veggies in.  Then I go for the featured item....whether it be sushi or seafood....something that you can't make at home.  You know the drill....you eat slowly so that you can savor the taste and enjoy the company of whoever is with you.  Then to top it off you check out the desert bar.  Fruits...oh and if they have hot fudge to coat it....the more the better.

Well, today was a whole new experience for this buffet pro.  A couple of co-workers and I thought we would do buffet for lunch.  That in itself is okay....but our lunch break is for 1 hour.  This would be okay too....however it took us at least 15 minutes to get there and 15 minutes for the return trip.  That left us 30 minutes to grab our food and gobble it down. 

Here's where the rubber meets the road.  As an experienced buffet eater....I immediately served up 3 plates.  I had 2 kinds of noodles, seaweed sushi, octopus sushi and california rolls with caviar (fish eggs) on top...along with wasabi and pickled ginger.  I had green beans (my favorite), egg plant and tofu stir fry, steamed fish, chicken with jalapeno peppers and whole black beans (Chinese style) and vegetable tempura.  For desert I had jin dui, a Chinese mochi ball with sesame seeds on the outside and sweet black beans on the inside. 

My co-worker laughed when she saw me with 3 plates.  She had 1 full plate of crayfish, a bowl of melted butter and another plate with the egg plant and tofu and also a serving of steamed veggies.  She went back for a plate of sushi after she finished and then....on our way out.....she had a napkin full of jin dui.  Now how embarassing is that?  Everyone knows that you can't take out food from an all you can eat buffet.  Who does that?

My other co-worker....well you can tell she is a newbie at this.  She had one plate full and a small cup of wonton soup.  She went back for a second plate of food.  Slow eater.

So how can you tell the pro?  Well you won't feel as rushed if you know that you can eat 3 plate fulls at a buffet...so serve it all up at once....then you can take your time eating and enjoy the food without having to stand up in the middle to get another plate full!

Ta Dah! ~~~~~!

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!    



No comments:

Post a Comment