Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Spots Before My Eyes

Who knew that there really is a medical condition connected to the phrase....I see spots before my eyes? 

It started yesterday when I could have sworn that there were flies or some similar insect circling my head.  I kept trying to swat them away.

Bugger!  The spots aren't really spots....but rather floating bubbles here and there.  I figure...gosh my blood pressure must be high.  I take some low dose aspirin to thin out my blood and to relieve the blood pressure.

I go online during my lunch break and find out that it is a malady of old age!  Double Bugger!

Then tonight I could have sworn that I saw light flashes.  Now I'm becoming paranoid.  I go back online and now it could be nothing or it could be my retina is tearing and the possibility of blindness.  Triple Bugger! 

Thoughts run through my mind....have I been watching too many Korean dramas?  Have I been doing too much computer work at the job to have this happen?  Oh Bugger Bugger!

So...I check my blood pressure at home and it's normal.  I ate a salad for dinner with some pasta....eating healthy could help this....am I closing the barn door after the horse has left?

Tonight I will go to bed earlier to rest my eyes.  In fact I am typing this blog with my eyes closed for the most part!

Is this a case of too little too late?  Only time will tell....Looks like I'll have to make an appointment to go see a doctor.  Ugh hate that!

In a few days I'll be 64 years old....wow.....this thought just came to mind.....if I am having a problem with my eyes....what is it that I don't want to see?

I'll leave you with that thought and go and rest my eyes and contemplate on the issue before me....or rather before my eyes!

Wish me luck!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment