Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Chorus Line

It's no secret that I love musicals.  One of my favorites was the musical
A Chorus Line starring Michael Douglas.  The film was directed by
Sir Richard Attenborough. 

Here is the official trailer for the movie: 


There were so many songs that were great and the dance sequences were thrilling.  I did get to see a stage version of the play in Hawaii and the woman that did the following solo number for this song was a fabulous dancer.  She received a standing ovation at the end of the song.

Here is a short version of that particular song....now bear in mind that this clip is different than the actual stage version I saw....that version was much better in comparison.  You had to be there!



The dancer in the next clip was really great in the movie....



Another part of the movie that I liked was the song Nothing.  I just fell in love with the emotion of the song.  Now personally I find the movie version of this song to be the best.  This is a broadway version.




The funniest was the Dance 10 Looks 3 (Tits and Ass) sequence:  (These last 3 videos won't fit on this blog...so just cut and paste to the YouTube site).







Another dance sequence I thought was great:  Surprise





Of course, here is the main song One, the finale....also from the movie.






Music and dance just feeds my soul.  I love to watch musicals!  It is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment