Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wii Fun

One Christmas my daughter purchased the Wii.  We started off with the exercise program, WiiFit.  It recorded our weight to start off with and then went on to keep track of how much we exercised and told us how many calories we burned....it was fun at first....then came the strength training...then the balancing....boy that was the toughest.  There were also video games you could play...I had more fun with those.

Every Christmas after that we added to the Wii Family....

We went on to the Rock Band where you got a set of drums to play and a guitar and microphones.  The family stayed up late and played...that was fun.

Next came the singing Karaoke style....you had to hit the notes or your score would not be as high.  Songs that I thought were easy to sing were actually not.  One such song was Gladys Knight and the Pips singing Midnight Train to Georgia.  I loved to sing that song...but boy was it tough.  I never realized the highs and lows Gladys sang in this song with the OOO's....and holding your breath to sing a long note...that was a killer! 



Now here's where the fun comes in....I challenged my daughter to sing this next song....the notes and rhythm are so unique.  This song is called Bohemian Rhapsody.  Heaven forbid that I should be outdone on this game!




Scara Mooche, Scara Mooche....she did the Fandango!  She out scored me!  Oh it must be the age gap....oh to be young again!  (as I'm gasping for air).

Well my granddaughter got in the act and one of her favorite Wii songs was.....Put Your Records On....



Now....I would have been satisfied with all that fun....but then somebody at Wii thought about having a dance program....and I could see my couch potato days coming to an immediate halt!  Not only did we get the first dance program that came out...but it was so popular they came out with yet another more difficult one.  With this program...if you don't do the moves you get a low score!


Well, needless to say I thought my lungs would collapse at the end of doing the following dance.....now mind you....I still couldn't be outdone and rose to the challenge from my family.




Gosh just watching that video makes me shiver!  (Actually....the truth was that the more I did it the less out of breath I got)...."Oh my Lord....Can't Touch This!"



No comments:

Post a Comment