Monday, June 25, 2012

More Goofy Songs

Indicative of the times when I grew up with TV shows, Walt Disney made shows like The Mickey Mouse Club and Davy Crockett.

People in my age range went around singing....
"M-I-C....K-E-Y.....M-O-U-S-E" .....all of us knew the words by heart....
Meeska, Mooseka, Mouseketeer....

or....."Born on a mountain top in Tennessee....greenest state in the land of the free....raised in the woods so he knew every tree...kilt (killed) him a bar (bear) when he was only three....Davy...Davy Crockett....king of the wild frontier." (or something like that). 

It's scary how I can still remember the words to these songs all these years....when sometimes I can't even remember something I thought about just a minute before.



As kids we were literally glued to our television sets on Sunday nights watching the different adventures of this show.  My favorite mouseketeers were Cubby and Annette.  She later went on to star in many movies opposite Frankie Avalon in those "Beach" movies, like Beach Blanket Bingo.  Loved those too.

Of course, there were other goofy songs that we sang a lot.

Alley oop oop.....


Oo e oo a a ting tang walla walla bing bang.....


Careful....these songs have a way of sticking in your brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment