Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What a Co-Inky-Dink!

I just love doing this blog.....what I especially love is doing the research that goes on behind it.  The first step always starts off as quick notes on the topics that come to my mind.

There are 2 songs that Eric Clapton sang that are my favorites....Layla and Tears in Heaven

There was 1 song that George Harrison sang that I liked as well.  It was called...Got My Mind Set on You.

Well....it is probably known by most that Eric Clapton co-wrote the song Tears in Heaven, a ballad, about the pain and loss he felt following the death of his 4 year old son Conor who fell 53 stories from a window of his mother's friend's apartment. 




The song won 3 Grammy awards and an MTV video music award and also had the #1 spot on the music charts for several weeks.




This next song sung by George Harrison is the only solo that he sang that I know of...he was known as the quiet Beatle.  While most of the songs the Beatles sang were written by Paul McCartney and John Lennon, George wrote My Sweet Lord and Here Comes the Sun....to name a few.


Now here is the Co-Inky-Dink.....this last song called Layla was written by Eric Clapton inspired by his unrequited love for Patti Boyd, the wife of George Harrison.  Who knew????




Here's a picture of George and his wife Patti.


No comments:

Post a Comment